Complete communications capabilities are available throughout the County, including telephone, high-speed internet, cable and satellite television, and local and national media outlets.
- Telephone service, provided by Verizon and Eastern Telecom
- High-speed internet connections and service providers including ComCast and Blaze Broadband
- Frequently-read papers include one local, The Fauquier Times, and other regionals: Washington Post, Richmond Times Dispatch, Spotsylvania County’s Free Lance-Star, and Culpeper County’s Culpeper Star-Exponent.
- Broadcast television and radio from nearby metropolitan areas, including Washington, D.C. and Richmond, VA.(DC CBS Affiliate – DC ABC Affiliate – DC NBC Affiliate – DC FOX Affiliate)
- Satellite dish cable service and satellite internet provided by DirectTV and DISH Network.
Roads and highways throughout Fauquier County are maintained by the Virginia Department of Transportation. The Rappahannock-Rapidan Regional Commission funds a Commuter Services program for residents of Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange and Rappahannock counties.
The Towns of Fauquier
Three incorporated towns are located in Fauquier County. For information on doing business within the Town of Remington or Town of Warrenton, visit the website:
Water and Sewer Service
Fauquier County Water & Sanitation Authority, phone: (540) 349-2092
Columbia Gas of Virginia, phone: (800) 544-5606
Comcast Communications, phone: (800) COMCAST
Verizon, phone: (888) 481-0387
Exede (Satellite Internet Provider), phone: (855) 627-2553
HughesNet (Satellite Internet Provider), phone: (877) 750-8457
Landfill and Recycling Services
Fauquier County Environmental Services, phone: (540) 347-6811.